The Support Specialist provides user support and customer service on supported computer applications and platforms. They deliver software diagnostic skills, technical assistance, and consultation advice and resolution to our customers using both written and verbal communication. The Support Specialist will manage customer assistance requests as they come in via telephone and email.
- Represent the company by providing exceptional professionalism in both written and verbal communication with customers.
- Promptly answer support related emails and phone calls.
- Accountable for updating contact history, call records, and Knowledge Base used by Technical Support staff members.
- Interpret problems and provide resolution in a timely manner.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Identify and escalate situations as appropriate.
- Update Support Tickets with accurate and timely statuses, log all interactions, and provide resolution information.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Continually improve and expand technical skills and knowledge necessary to perform the assigned work.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex computer issues.
- Formal training required in Windows based networking environments OR a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in this field.
- Strong PC and system navigation skills, specifically in Windows
- Previous customer service or support and/or basic technical support experience recommended.
- Experience with Active Directory, SQL and IIS helpful.